COMPOSER | CONDUCTOR
Jacob ("Jake") Narverud (b.1986) is an American Composer, Arranger, and Conductor. A Kansas native, Narverud is the Founder and Artistic Director of the Tallgrass Chamber Choir, a professional ensemble comprised of musicians from across the Great Plains. As a sought-after composer, Narverud has been commissioned to write new works for a variety of choral ensembles and organizations. With over eighty titles in print, many of his Editors' Choice compositions are publisher Best Sellers and are performed worldwide by choirs of all levels. Narverud’s music is published by Santa Barbara, Alliance, Carl Fischer, Alfred, G. Schirmer, Hal Leonard, and JN Music (JW Pepper). Dr. Narverud enjoys work as an active guest Conductor/Clinician for Festivals and All-State Choirs across the country and has taught at both secondary and collegiate levels. Full Bio
There's nothing quite like bringing a new piece of music to life for the first time. Through the commissioning process I enjoy working closely with each organization to craft and create a new work that fits the exact needs of your ensemble, ensuring a successful premiere performance and a composition of lasting quality. Anyone can commission new music!
Available Conference Presentations:
- Choral Reading Session: The Music of Jacob Narverud
- From Score to Sound: Ten Steps to Practical Score Study
- Daily Vocal Workouts to Engage and Empower Young Singers
- Programming High Quality Repertoire for High Quality Performances
- The Process of Commissioning a New Choral Work: A Composer's Perspective
Please use this contact form for:
- Commission Inquiries
- Guest Conducting Requests
- Honor Choir Scheduling
- Composer Residency Info.
- Presentation/Clinician Bookings
- Sheet Music Information
- Performance Notifications
*Questions regarding"Sisi Ni Moja"
pronunciation may be answered here